THE TAKUMI TRADITION
When it comes to professional chef's knives, TAKUMI set the benchmark for quality and performance. A thousand years ago, TAKUMI Japanese swordsmiths developed the high art of sword making to provide strong, sharp blades for the Samurai, the feared warrior caste. Today, in the samurai sword tradition, TAKUMI's skilled craftsmen are continuing to produce superior quality cutlery in the time honoured manner of their forebears.
- Packaging Type: Gift Box
- Material: Blade core made of VG-10 Super Steel, surrounded by 67 layers of Damask steel. Rosewood handle with Stainless steel mosaic pin and end cap
- Product Dimensions: Length 37cm, Blade 24cm
- Knife Weight: 249g
- The TUKUMI HMD-5001 24cm Chef's Knife is a sturdy, heavy knife with a broad, strong blade and a fine cutting edge
- An all-rounder for professions and hobby chef's, suitable for chopping herbs, cutting vegetables and slicing and dicing fish and meat
- TUKUMI HMD-5001 range combines the greatest in hardening technology, most precious knife materials and the artistry of traditional Japanese craftsmanship
- The core of the VG-10 super steel is protected by a 67-layer unique stunning Damascus pattern with latest technology.
- HRC: 60-62 Rockwel
- Stunning rosewood handle features a striking mosaic pin, and a steel end cap
- Manufactured in Sanjo, Niigata Prefecture, Japan
Correct use and care
• To avoid accidental injury and blade damage, treat knives with respect and always take care when handling these knives.
• TAKUMI knives are not dishwasher-safe.
• To avoid rust, immediately clean and dry the blades after contact with food.
• Keep your knives in a knife block, on magnetic strip or in a knife sheath to protect the blades and prevent damage to the cutting edge by other utensils.
• If the knives are not used for a while, wrap them in a cloth or newspaper and store them in a dry place.
• Cutting on a soft , non-abrasive surface such as timber or plastic cutting board will help prevent premature dulling of the blade.
• Don not use the knives to cut hard foods, like shellfish or frozen food, and avoid tilting the blade when cutting, as this could damage the delicate cutting edge.
• Regular use Whet-stone or recommended sharpener will ensure that your knives retain their keen razor sharp edge.
The recommended sharpener for Takumi knives: KAI 貝印 Whetstone Grit 1000/3000 or SEKIMAGOROKU 関孫六 3 Stage Knife Sharpener.
TAKUMI Japanese 10"/24cm Gyutoh Chef Damascus Knife - HMD5001
I'm a product detail. I'm a great place to add more information about your product such as sizing, material, care and cleaning instructions. This is also a great space to write what makes this product special and how your customers can benefit from this item. Buyers like to know what they’re getting before they purchase, so give them as much information as possible so they can buy with confidence and certainty.
I’m a Return and Refund policy. I’m a great place to let your customers know what to do in case they are dissatisfied with their purchase. Having a straightforward refund or exchange policy is a great way to build trust and reassure your customers that they can buy with confidence.